Information about Vermilion, Ohio
Their Motto is "A Small Town on a Great Lake"
Vermilion, Ohio is a community of approximately 11,000 residents. There is a quaint downtown located on the winding Vermilion River and the shores of Lake Erie. This city is truly what you would imagine a small historic waterfront town should look like. There are thousands of boats, beautiful old homes and lovely small shops and restaurants.
Vermilion has thousands of boat slips and ample marina and boat ramp facilities. Once called the “Village of Lake Captains”, they have a rich boating history.
Downtown is known as “Harbour Town”, an 1837 Historic District.
With quick access to the highway you can be in the city of Cleveland or summer attractions like the Lake Erie Islands and Sandusky’s Cedar Point, water parks and sports complex in less than an hour.
Housing options include small summer cottages and condominiums to substantial waterfronts and rural estates. There is truly housing for every type of buyer available.
Things to do in Vermilion, Ohio
Food, Boating, Wineries, Shops, Parks, Festivals
Here is a list of just some of what is available in this lovely community. Click on each item to learn more!
- Vermilion River Reservation
- Schoepfle Garden
- Paper Moon Vineyards
- Wolleybear Festival (Huge festival – Monarch Caterpillars)
- Festival of the Fish
- Chez Francois (Amazing French Riverside Restaurant)
- Old Prague Restaurant
- Vermilion Yacht Club
- Vermilion Boat Club
- Cask Villa Condominiums: CLICK HERE
- Vermilion Shores Condominiums: CLICK HERE
- Compass Rose Condominiums: CLICK HERE
- Fisherman’s Bend Condominiums: CLICK HERE
- Grand Harbour Condominiums: CLICK HERE